[kismac] Re: Kernal Panics in 10.3.x -- What to do???

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:12:10 +0200

Hi,

5. make sure sudo kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver and
sudo kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver work

I tried these commands with no wireless card inserted and network preferences set to use Ethernet and get the following results:

root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)
root# kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
root# kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver
kextunload: unload id org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver failed (result code 0xe00002c2)

you need to insert the card before this test. 0xe00002c2 means the driver is not loaded.

if any of these fail please try the following:
1. disable the device in the network preferences and try to unload then

I removed the port added for the device and tried the kextunload again and it did not help.

same as above...

2. install GTDriver and remove it again (will rebuilt your kext cache)

I am not sure what GTDriver is. Can you tell me? (The version of KisMac I am attempting to use is 0.12a production install with dmg file dated May 12, 2004.

it is another of my projects. http://gtdriver.binaervarianz.de the installation routines will flush you kext caches, that is why you are supposed to install it ;)

mick