[kismac] Re: Kernal Panics in 10.3.x -- What to do???

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck in using KisMac with the Sourceforge Wireless
driver in 10.3.x?

So far as I can tell, nothing has changed on this subject since the last time you posted this message. The SourceForge Wireless driver doesn't work with 10.3.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

Actually, the distribution SourceForge Wireless Driver does work in Panther by itself to access a network. The trouble starts when you install KisMac with the patch and then try to scan for networks.

first of all a small reference: please don't write 3 mails with the same content. i wont answer those.

now to the problem. looks to me like a kext-caching problem. the crashes and the not working mac utility can mean only one thing: the patch is not installed correctly. i am actually currently writing on a 10.3.4 from a prism2 card with the mac 00:20:30:40:50:60. i have not had a chance to test this on an orinoco card. (also this will change soon, thanks to ard ;o). so the tools works. now lets check.

1. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/bipatch exists on your system
2. make sure /System/Library/Extensions/WirelessDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/ WirelessDriver 's file time is the date of your kismac install
3. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache is from the date of the install
4. make sure /System/Library/Extensions.mkext is from the date of the install
5. make sure sudo kextunload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver and sudo kextload -b org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver work

if any of these fail please try the following:
1. disable the device in the network preferences and try to unload then
2. install GTDriver and remove it again (will rebuilt your kext cache)

however this works out - please tell me the results! i cannot help you otherwise.

mick