[kismac] Re: Intel Broadcom

  • From: "antoine c." <kismacroberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:01:28 -0400

Late answer.

Kismac 228 still fails to load on an iMac Intel first generation (Broadcom
card).
I tried the following drivers:
- Apple Airport or Airport Extreme card, active mode
- Apple Airport Extreme card, passive mode
- Apple Airport, passive mode
and also:
- KIsmet Server, Passive Mode
- Atheros based card, passive mode
- Cisco Aironet card passive mode
- Prism2/Orinoco/Hermes card, passive mode
- PrismGT based card, passive mode

Only one driver selected at the time.
Apple Airport or Airport Extreme card, active mode fails to load with a
message prompting: "KisMAC is not able to load the Apple Airport driver, if
you killed it by loading the Viha driver. Try restarting KisMAC." that keeps
popping up and forces me to quit Kismac.

Kismac seems to act fine with a D-Link DWL-122. I remember having success
with earlier Kismac builds on the iMac. I have since installed Parallels
Desktop (amongst many other things) which might have affected the "en1" of
the Broadcom card.

Any suggestion?