[kismac] If this is a repost ignore it

  • From: "E. Gad" <p1agu313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

Long  and the short is the Airport Extreme Card
doesn't want to work.
I did RTFM I
Here's the rig:
ibook G4
OSX 10.4.2 seucuity update 10-1-2005 installed (from
software update)
A brodcom card  aka the airport extreme

KisMac r75 and r74 do the following
Install, then loads the active mode stuff. It then
prompts for a admin password.
The Aiport card turns it self off wich apparently is
suposed to happen.
The KisMac software fails
Mostly it seems to want the Airport Card on, but
apparently OSX wants to do something else

When I quite KisMac the Aiport Extreme just says no
Airport Extreme card installed.

Is this a known bug?
I accept that brodcom cards as a rule are, how should
I say, A POS.
Poorly docmented, and the company as a whole is well,
garbage.

My main interest in getting this beast to work is
because I vaulenteering with some other folks to help
my local school debug their WiFi.
Thoughts? Comments? Rants? (even: You spammed the list
you insesitive clod is ok)

On a completly unrelated note has anyone had luck
using a older powerbook (duo) to use a PCMCIA wifi
card?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs