[kismac] Re: How do you get this %%$$ing program to work!!!????

  • From: Ray Haque <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:16:27 -0400

Plus the fact that this is suppose to be a MAC program, but support for the Apple card is limited. It seems the developers would have gotten the AirPort cards working FIRST before moving on to other Chip sets.

I have had great success with this software running on an Airport original (non-extreme). If you want something with good driver support, buy one of those. Your iBook was built for it, and KisMac runs great with it. When I bought my card almost a year ago, I paid $60 for it on eBay. It was a good investment.

The Airport cards are just a bastardized "Orinocco" card. I need not tell you that the Orinocco cards are well respected with the Wardriving community.

-Ray