[kismac] Re: How do you get this %%$$ing program to work!!!????

  • From: Galen <gzink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:59:11 -0700

Oh great, as I mail this out (literally), your messages come in sort of resolving this. Now I feel somewhat out of place... Sorry if the posting's out of order.

-Galen

On Apr 30, 2004, at 10:55 AM, Galen wrote:

Can anyone around here say "flamefest" ?

Guys, it's a piece of free, open-source software. Don't like something? Go write the code yourself... good luck getting Airport Extreme functionality fully working (you and millions of other linux users would love it if you could manage to get fully functional Broadcom chipset support). And just try finding something that even matches this under the Mac platform - there isn't. So don't complain too loudly about it unless you have or can make something better.

One other point - KisMAC isn't a final program by any means. Do you notice that the latest version is 0.11???? That means we're barely a tenth of the way to the first "1.0" and stable release. So please hold back your complete reviews (like any serious reviewer would) until we have a 1.0 release.

Please take all this with a grain of salt, but I think there's at least a few valid points.

-Galen