[kismac] Re: How do you get this %%$$ing program to work!!!????

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:38:11 +0200

At 1:13 PM -0400 2004/04/30, GDevice@xxxxxxx wrote:

 I just don't appriciate the fact that you and Mick are acting like I just
 stuck the card in my Mac, Fired up kisMac, it didn't work and now I'm
 complaining.

That's certainly what it sounds like.

 I did *suspect* that the cards did have different chip sets. So before I sent
 out my first email, I did check the Belkin site. According to Belkin the 6020
 has a Prism2 Chip set and says nothing about different chip sets for later
 revisions. At least not that I've found. Is there somewhere else I should be
 looking? As far as the D-Link site... it doesn't say much!

Just a little bit of digging with Google would have pulled up a lot of different sites that could have told you what these two manufacturers tend to do, and would either have led to the URLs I gave you, or at least to similar pages.

Moreover, in your original post, you made no mention of much of any previous research that you'd done on this topic. If you had done so, there would have been some indicator that you at least tried to figure out what was going on before coming to the mailing list and venting your spleen on us.

2ndly - respect workd 2 ways. It if want some you have to dish some out!!!

We respond to the manner in which we are treated. At least my perception was that you did not treat us with respect, and therefore you should not be surprised at the manner in which we have responded.

 So I apologoize... I was merely venting at my frustration on not being
 able to get kisMac working. Not at your, Mick's or anyone else's
 qualifications! I would appricate if you would not question mine. If I
 really thought that you or Mick didn't know what you were doing I
 wouldn't have asked for your help in the first place!

Unfortunately, your choice of subject lines and the manner in which you expressed yourself did not give this impression.

It's one thing to vent frustration in general, it's quite another to be on the receiving end of a large quantity of effluent coming from someone who does not not appear to have done any homework at all on the subject.

 Brad - If it means anyting to you... I do like your signature. In these days
 of Terrorist scares... It does mean a lot!

Oh, don't get me started. The criminal activities of the federal government is a very old sore point with me.

You do not want decades of pent up frustration on this topic to be within your range of viewing, much less anything that you might perceive to be aimed at you.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>