[kismac] Re: How do you get this %%$$ing program to work!!!????

  • From: Jeff Cooper <j.cooper1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:43:21 -0700

On Apr 29, 2004, at 7:46 PM, GDevice@xxxxxxx wrote:

I have an Alu 15" Powerbook 1.25GHz running OSX 10.3.3

I know that my Extreme Card won't work in Passive mode. So I go and get a Belkin F5D6020. No matter what settings/driver I choose KisMac will not activate the card.  Can't get it to work to save my life.

I finally give up and go out and get a DLink DWL-650. THAT IS LISTED AS CONFIRMED AT THE KISMAC SITE! Now I can't get this one to work either!!!!

What the heck am I doing wrong???

Please help... I really don't want to buy 28 different cards just trying to get this thing to work.

-Paul

Paul

I can't seem to get to the KisMAC site right now but according to the google cache of the KisMAC compatibility page this says that it supports the old DWL-650. According to SeatleWireless.com at this page: http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkCard , confirms that D-Link has changed the Chip-set several times. the card with the chip-sets ADMtek and Realtek, if I am not mistaken are not supported by KisMAC.

Also for the Belkin F5D6020 atleast the version 2 is a ATMEL chip-set.. which I think is not supported also..

I use a card made by Ambicom WL1100CB that is a CF card with a PCMICA CF card adapter. I wouldn't really recommend it.. So I don't really have a recommendation for you.

Jeff