[kismac] Re: High Output Cards that work with Kismac?

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:21:26 +1030

Brad Knowles wrote:

>       I am currently using a Senao SL2511CD PLUS on a Pismo 400MHz and
> MacOS X 10.2.8, and it's working fine.  I bought my cards "bare"

Howdy, for stumbling using kismac (say, wardriving), what are the cards
like?  I'm currently happy with my Orinico (30mW?) + Kismet; I'm not
sure what the drivers do, but damn - kismac picks up at least twice as
many AP's anything else, even kismet; possibly even more.

I find I can pickup AP's inside of buildings (SOHO access points) from
around 100M away; for example, on the opposite side of the road,
approaching the building.  Any better with these 100mW cards?

linux.conf.au 2004 - Adelaide, Australia
             http://lca2004.linux.org.au/

"Oh no, not again."