[kismac] Re: High Output Cards that work with Kismac?

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:44:55 -0600

Hi Erik,

>I have successfully used the Demarc card with Kismac and the MacJack

I am curious how you set it up, as I can't seem to get my SMC2532W-B to
work, which is also a PRISM 2.5 cards. Do you know a way I can verify the
chipset in my card that the manufacture told me correctly what chipset they
have in it?

As I tried to set it up in the SourceForge wireless driver I got this info:

/usr/sbin/ioreg -l | grep VersionOneInfo
    | |             "VersionOneInfo" = ("SMC","SMC2532W-B EliteConnect
Wireless Adapter","","")

/usr/sbin/ioreg -l | grep pccard
    | |       +-o pccardd601,5@0,0  <class IOPCCard16Device>
    | |             "IOName" = "pccardd601,5"

I tried adding this to the configuration file like this and it did not help:

                <key>everything else</key>

I use OS X 10.2.6.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!