[kismac] Re: Help

  • From: Nicholas David McKinney <nickfrommaryland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:54:18 -0400

Packet reinjection requires a Prism II card.

You'll also need your card as the "primary injection device" from the preferences menu. Again, without a prism II card, you won't get very far.

Hope that helps,

On 18 Jul 2005, at 16:16, leigh Cocker wrote:

I have installed Kismac onto my Ibook G3 600 running 10.4.1 with airport card.
When I scan for networks I pick one up.
The network I pick up is WEP encrypted. I have captured over a million packets and over 42,000 data packets. How many do i Need to reveal the WEP key ?

I have selected to use apple airport driver but I get a message appear telling me "You have no primary injection driver chosen, please select one in the preferences dialog." when ever I try and use the Network> Crack features.

Any help would be appreciated.