[kismac] Re: Guide to MAC customization on the Mac

  • From: "bob kismac" <kismacbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 01:11:27 +0000

Gerry,

I don't know about PrismGT cards, but if i succesfully get one in the next weeks, I will let you know.
Did you check the previous post by Stefan about changing the MAC address in your Airport Extreme card.

Did you or anyone else successfully managed to spoof a MAC address with a Prism2 card or any USB device?

From: Gerry <curioushacker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kismac] Re: Guide to MAC customization on the Mac
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:51:03 -0700

i think that kernel patches are no longer necessary under tiger. i can confirm that under tiger you can easily change the mac address of the built in ethernet from the terminal, but can't change the mac address of the broadcom based airport extreme card.

unfortunately my prism2 card has given up the ghost, and i am having a heck of a time finding a prism gt based card to play with.

i have one of those slick demarctech high output b cards on the way and will tests and report what i find, but i don't have high hopes since i will have to try to use the ioxperts driver with it.. but who knows? fi i can change the mac of the on board ethernet, then maybe its more of a 'works unless you explicitly break it' kind of thing.

speaking of which, can anyone out there recommend a prismgt card now? i've ordered one and returned it, most posts are about older cards that may or may not still have gt chipsets.

has anyone bought one that works recently?

thanks,

Gerry Koh | 415.608.9777

PGP Fingerprint: 55B3 2CD2 12F8 4B1D 5EC5 E1B2 BD74 B642 879B 0F17