[kismac] Re: Growl Links Not Maintained by SVN

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 16:07:17 -0500

Geoff,

Found the WPA problem. I replaced all occurrences of vL128Rotate with vec_rl in the file WaveNetWPACrackAltivec.m. Not sure why you were using vL128Rotate.

WPA Crack works fine now.

Erik
On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:20 AM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

On Mar 2, 2006, at 5:46 AM, Erik Winkler wrote:

The build is flawless now. That did the trick. WPA cracking still broken. May want to look at any changes made to the WPA code to make it i386 compatible. I will compare an older version of the WPA code to the new code when I get a chance.

The code is i386 compatible, its just not executed on i386 because of a check for alttvec before the code is called. What I need to debug: A dump with a WPA net that can be cracked using r90 or earlier but fails with the new code. The only dump I have at the moment does not crack using r90 or earlier. This vectorized code is pretty far outside my understanding, I directly translated it function call for function call. If you get a chance take a look at Crypto/WaveNetWPACrackAltivec.m. The other alternative would be to #ifdef out all of the code for i386 and change it back to the way it was. This would however leave us without an mmx / sse version of this crack.

Geoff