[kismac] Re: Google Summer of Code

  • From: gmail <theholymacintosh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:32:00 -0500

Doesn't kismet already do this (idea #4)?

On Apr 16, 2006, at 6:24 PM, Barry Woods wrote:

Hahahahahahaha! Okay, I just don't want anybody to get into trouble. :)

On 4/16/06, Patrick Kelley <opticrealm@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
I said that some of the ideas were crazy.

I call it, "brain-storming."

In photography, sometimes you have to take a lot of pictures to get a few good ones.

In brain-storming, you have to think up a lot of ieas to get a few good ones.

Anyways, if you implemented idea 6, then kismac would change your MAC address, making Idea 4 somewhat untraceable! (untraceable = no prison time!!!) (Just kidding...)

On 4/16/06, Barry Woods < barry99705@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Uhh, I think I'd like to stay out of prison, thank you very much.

On 4/15/06, Patrick Kelley <opticrealm@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Here are some Google Summer of Code Ideas. They get crazier further down the list...

Idea 4) - If encryption was disabled, Kismac would automatically try to login to the wireless router using the manufacturers' default password. If it worked, a different color would be displayed in the map view.

On 4/15/06, Geoffrey Kruse < gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
I'll look into it :)

Geoff

On Apr 15, 2006, at 12:56 PM, Patrick Kelley wrote:

Is the Kismac project planning to put in a proposal to be a mentor for the Google Summer of Code 2006?

http://code.google.com/soc/

Patrick Kelley
623.332.0290
http://web.mac.com/opticrealm/iWeb/