[kismac] Re: GPS success story

  • From: Richard Smith <smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:05:45 -0700

Actually, such a feature may be more useful than you think -- it is
quite often possible to anticipate a trip and retrieve all the images
you need and store them on a hard drive.

In the case of Canadian government topographic maps, they are stored on
a server with a very consistent naming structure and with a bit of
"curl work" I was able to download my entire region. An afternoon of
calibrating them (not done yet) will allow me to load an unload maps
depending on my location.

The "checkerboard" application could even be separate (a web image map,
I think, would be a good kluge) and it would launch the appropriate
.kismap file.

Hmmmm

...r