[kismac] Re: GPS subsystem stops working

  • From: Richard Smith <smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:14:33 -0700

I have the tripNav as well and can verify that it (eventually) loses
touch with kismac, although the length of time is quite variable. It
can work for hours sometimes but generally I have to quit kismac and
restart it. On a long trip recently I kept my "kimap" files in a folder
in the dock to facilitate this process. When I noticed that the
location was no longer being updated I would quit kismac and restart it
by reloading the appropriate kismap file.

It is a bit tiresome but I figured it was just something that would
work out eventually. I was using the most recent ftdi drivers.

...r

--
Richard Smith, Associate Professor School of Communication
Director, Centre for Policy Research on Science and Technology