[kismac] Re: GPS software

  • From: ard jonker <ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 19:53:43 +0100

At 23:33 -0800 2004/02/05, Patrick Munson wrote:

A serial or USB solution to using a GPS system on a laptop computer is not very elegant when opposed to a Compact Flash or PCMCIA solution.

What do others use their PCMCIA slot for anyway? Mine is unused except for the occasional access to images from a digital camera.

Since you ask: when your mainboard's firewire breaks, you either pay 75% of a new portable to Apple for repair, or click in a $25 FiWiPCMCIA card. Same with video digitiser. And it holds my Orinoco for scanning when my internal AP is doing the communications.
ard