[kismac] Re: GPS recommendations?

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:58:40 +0200

At 11:33 AM -0400 2004/05/03, Andrew Koch wrote:

 Next step is a GPS.  I'd like one that's compatible with Route66 as
 well as Kismac.  $$ are a major concern at this point.  What can you
 all recommend?

Well, if you've got Bluetooth support, you might want to look at the Navman 4xxx series. The 4460 and 4410 are packaged with pretty good software for PocketPC and Palm, but the hardware should work with just about anything. I think the GPS receiver is available separately, if you don't want/need software for PocketPC or Palm.

The key thing here is that this GPS receiver has a better battery lifetime than any other on the market that I've found (15 hours in full-power mode according to <http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/compareomatic/index.php>, up to 30 hours in "trickle" mode).

I imagine that this should work with Route66 and KisMac, too.

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>