[kismac] GPS problems (was Re: Maps?)

  • From: Ryan Verner <xfesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:59:33 +1030

On 24/02/2004, at 12:31 PM, Ryan Verner wrote:

I've compiled a new KisMAC, will try it with gpsd later tonight.

Just tested it. Although I can now read from the GPS as long as I want (downlodable version of KisMAC on the website would only work for 10-15 minutes before KisMAC would stop reading from gpsd or the gps directly), it doesn't seem to be mapping properly at all.

See screenshots at http://www.computeraddictions.com.au/kismac/ - this was a ~10km run with many access points spread all along the way. Although older versions of KisMAC (ignoring the 10-15 minutes thing, and the fact north was south and vice versa) mostly worked properly, mapping the AP's in the correct path, and plotting the correct plot, but this is all over the place. There's lines that go nowhere, AP's aren't in the right spots at all.

Any clues?

(By the way, is there going to be better zoom functionality in future versions? Right now zooming, then moving scrollbars, repeat process is extremely tedious.)
--

Signature space for rent.