[kismac] Re: GPS preview

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:26:12 +0100

Hi,

> How do I know if my GPS is MNEA compatible? I use a Holux USB GPS...
> Coordinates are not filled in in my case...

it  should be written in the documentation. the website says that it
does handle NMEA.
you should make sure that you entered the right device in the
preferences, and that you loaded
the driver. if something goes wrong kismac should write debug
informations to
console.log.
then you have to make sure that your gps recieves at least 3
sattelites! otherwise kismac will dump
all informations from the gps, until it records a stronger signal.

> Is it possible to add an extra export function that saves all found
> networks
> to a simple text file (tab delimited, such as in Macstumbler) so I can
> import this in my Filemaker DB...

n/p

Mick