[kismac] Re: GPS Unit for a Powerbook with Airport wnic

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:58:19 +0200

>Hello there, great work on KisMAC, I keep seeing references to GPS-units
>etc. - - - Which ones do you guys recommend I get ( compatibility,
>quality, software, prices and such ) for my Powerbook?

hearsay:
<http://www.gpseurope.de/index.html>
has drivers for macos x. I have the drivers on my harddisk and it is
stated that they are for the PL2303 chip. I did not test the device,
the GPS mouse (click 'gps mause' and look for

"RoadPilot GPS Maus USB (mit Magnetplatte, LED, 100% wasserdicht)
EVERMORE Chip Strom-Datenversorgung direkt =FCber USB Port vom Notebook"

unit is sold for 119 euro. The sales rep said that shortly (in terms
of months) there will be a newer, better, chipset available (hey,
don't they say all since Moore?).

Ard