[kismac] Re: GPS Unit for a Powerbook with Airport wnic

  • From: Mark Grimes <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:15:47 -0700

All the GPS is working over here - I highly recommend Garmin GPS (I
have an etrex legend) + keyspan cable + virtual pc w/windoze so you can
update your GPS firmware for those that are still looking for a GPS for
use with KisMAC, MacGPSPro (nice, inexpensive commercial app for
arbitrary map calibration), and GPSdrive from fink -- silly me was not
paying attention to the system.log, pulled FourCoordinates 0.4b, built
it in pb, dumped it in /Library/Frameworks... everything is happy.
Okay, back up to par and playing with my various pcmcia cards (prism2
and original lucents, don't have orinoco (the later revs)) with new
version now.

Mark

P.S. Thanks a bunch mick, just going through my growing pains of being
a 4 month old macos user...

On Sunday, Apr 27, 2003, at 13:26 US/Pacific, Michael Rossberg wrote:

--
Mark Grimes <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Stateful Labs

"Computers aren't intelligent, they just think they are."