[kismac] Re: GPS USB to Serial Compatibility

  • From: "William H. Leininger" <whlm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:35:22 -0500

>(And while I'm posting, how soon till you'll be able to
>reverse-engineer the Airport Extreme card ;)  Anything I could do to
>help out with that...)

There may be problems there; see
http://www.kerneltraffic.org/kernel-traffic/kt20030520_216.html#2

Later generations of wireless chips don't have hardware limiting the
frequencies they will work on, instead it's in the drivers, and the
companies (and other people) don't want them getting tweaked off
frequency to interfere with other services.

So, at least in the short term, open source support for advanced
chipsets, doesn't exist.
William H. Leininger                  | whl@xxxxxx
Macintosh Developer                   | whl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.watervalley.net/users/whl/ |