[kismac] Re: GPS Problems

  • From: Ben Short <bshort@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:39:21 +1000

Just for the sake of completeness, can you tell us what settings you have set in the GPS preferences, other than what the device is? :)

Ben

Robert Brugman wrote:
Hello,
I am having MAJOR problems getting my GPS working with Kismac 0.12a. I have a Magellan SporTrak MAP GPS and the Keyspan USA-19HS usb to serial converter. I installed my adapter by installing the software and then plugging the adapter in, but it doesn't seem to work. I selected /dev/tty.USA1911P1.1 off the list of GPS devices and it says the GPS subsystem is started, but the console claims there was a GPS lock failure and it never does anything. I have no clue what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

~Robert Brugman~
This e-mail is X.509 happy ;-)
GPG Fingerprint: D710 B8D9 C72A AB56 174F  71AC 3619 9F32 8250 6034