[kismac] Re: GPS

  • From: Andreas Rossbacher <ar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:43:54 +0100

Michael Rossberg wrote:

> i was thinking about such a functionality, but i was going to add it =0D
> much later. also i am not very happy with the maps from excite and, i =0D=
> think it was, mapblast, that gpsdrive uses. actually i wrote a small =0D
> program which made it easy to import maps from stadtplan.net, but they =0D=
> have to be aligned also.

The cool thing about the maps form Mapblast is, that they are ready
aligned and as I tested them with GPSDrive on my Mac, are very acurate.

There is a Perl script coming with GPSDrive, at the Moment i try to get
it working with KisMAC somehow, but I'm not so good in either Perl nor
ObjectiveC but I have a look. Don't expect much of it.

I never had a closer look on the System stadtplan.net uses. If I
remember right they have the Falk Plans online, right?

Well the grafical quality of these si much better, I have to admit.

> about the problems: it seems, it is not working all correctly. i ll =0D
> have to check that, but i did not have the time, yet. however if you =0D
> know a little obj-c, you are welcome to take a look at the sources. if =0D=
> not i guess you will have to wait :o(=

Well i'm on it, but do not expect to much. In the moment I try to get
KisMAC to build on my system, seems linke some OpenTransport stuff is
missing, which might have to do with some older dev stuff I had there.

bye Andreas