[kismac] Re: Fwd: wireless card

  • From: Nicholas David McKinney <nickfrommaryland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:07:27 -0400

Lookout, though. The WPC11v4 is not based on Prism2. I have a v3 and it works pretty well. I had problems with slowing my machine down until I updated the firmware. That seemed to help me.

Cheers,
Nick

On 15 Aug 2006, at 5:35 PM, Kevin Bringard wrote:

I have a linksys WPC11 which uses a Prism2 chipset. It seems to work as well as anything... altho I've noticed the same kinds of problems as Geoff when injecting... sometimes it will slow my machine to a crawl and I'll get the spinning beachball. Not to mention that in my experimentation injecting hasn't yielded the same sorts of results the tutorials would have me believe it can... don't know if thats the card, the network, both, or just user headspace error. Anyway, I don't know that you can buy them anymore anyway, but surely someone on eBay would gladly let you have one for the right price...

-- Kevin

On 8/15/06, Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

One supported chipset is PrismGT. Its a 11g one and works more or
less stable. The driver for this chipset is the GTDriver written by
Mick. It supports only capturing, no injection. I had some stability
problems when using it for long time capturing (>1 week).

Greetings, Beat

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx