[kismac] Re: Fwd: wireless card

  • From: "Kevin Bringard" <comandercool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:35:13 -0700

I have a linksys WPC11 which uses a Prism2 chipset.  It seems to work as
well as anything... altho I've noticed the same kinds of problems as Geoff
when injecting... sometimes it will slow my machine to a crawl and I'll get
the spinning beachball.  Not to mention that in my experimentation injecting
hasn't yielded the same sorts of results the tutorials would have me believe
it can... don't know if thats the card, the network, both, or just user
headspace error.  Anyway, I don't know that you can buy them anymore anyway,
but surely someone on eBay would gladly let you have one for the right
price...

-- Kevin

On 8/15/06, Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

One supported chipset is PrismGT. Its a 11g one and works more or
less stable. The driver for this chipset is the GTDriver written by
Mick. It supports only capturing, no injection. I had some stability
problems when using it for long time capturing (>1 week).

Greetings, Beat

-- Beat ZAHND Physics Institute University of Bern phone +41 31 631 3466 Sidlerstrasse 5 fax +41 31 631 4405 CH-3012 Bern (Switzerland) mailto:beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx