[kismac] Re: External ASUS WL-100G Broadcom-based 802.11g card

  • From: Derrick J Brashear <shadow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:33:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Brad Knowles wrote:

At 8:37 PM +0200 2004-09-20, Erick van Rijk wrote:

I'm currently trying to use an External ASUS WL-100G Broadcom-based
802.11g card in combination with my internal original Apple Airport b card.
But what I'm running into is that I can't use both the cards at the same
time or/and I can't seem to figure what card is actually used.

If this is the Broadcom card which is supported by the Apple Airport Extreme driver, this is true. You can only have one "Apple Airport" family card loaded in the machine at one time. Remove one or the other -- you can't have both.

Does the viha (it is viha, right?) driver really conflict with the AirPort2 driver? like, why can't i have apple's driver on the g card, and the passive-supporting driver on the b card? i think it's possible. i should try it.

 Is there a way to enable injection for the External ASUS WL-100G
 Broadcom-based 802.11g card?

If this is the same card I think it is, you can't unload the Apple drivers. You can choose not to load 3rd party drivers for cards that are based on Prism or Prism2, for example, but you can't unload the Apple drivers.

it's probably the card you think it is. but i got the apple driver to unload.