[kismac] Re: Drivers problem

  • From: Rob Barton <alchemyandthunder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:38:37 -0600

You don't need to turn off your Airport card if you're using an external device.

Just an FYI.

On Dec 1, 2008, at 10:32 AM, osoba wrote:

Thanks guys! It work, i just first check the rt73 driver, turn off my airport and it works! ;-) thank again ;)

2008/12/1 Rob Barton <alchemyandthunder@xxxxxxxxx>
Uninstall the Ralink drivers.
You can find a DMG there for the device which includes an uninstaller.
You'll probably need to restart your computer.
Launch KisMAC.
Go to preferences.
Select the rt73 driver (your device has an rt73 chipset).
Exit prefs.
Try to scan.

If that doesn't work, repeat the steps after deleting the KisMAC preference files. ~/Library/Preferences/de.binaervarianz.kismac.plist OR ~/Library/ Preferences/com.kismac-ng.kismac.plist OR ~/Library/Preferences/ org.kismac-ng.kismac.plist (where '~' is your home folder)

Should fix it.

On Dec 1, 2008, at 10:07 AM, osoba wrote:

I have a problem with drivers.. i have MacBook 2,4GHz intel core 2 duo, 2gb... white Im installing kismac, connecting my wifi adapter - its DWL - g122C1 (d-link), choosing a USB device with prism2 chipset, passive mode. And i see alert about that he can't find the drivers... Early i downloaded some drivers -ralink? it works - i can connecting to wifi networks but kismac doesnt work.. I read in some forums that i need to remove this, no problem. What i need to do? i google but nothing found..