[kismac] Did the 10.3.9 upgrade screw up Kismac?

  • From: Robert Peirce <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:13:35 -0400

I tried to run it and got a panel that said:

Could not instantiate Driver.

KisMAC has not been able to load the driver (Apple Airport card, passive mode). Reasons for this failure could be:

1. You selecteted the wrong driver.
2. You did not insert your PCMCIA card (only if you selected such a driver).
3. Your kernel extensions screwed up. In this case simply reboot.
4. You are using a 3rd party card and you are having another driver for the card installed, which could not be unloaded by KisMAC. If you have the sourceforge wireless driver, please install the patch, provided with KisMAC.

Since I had not changed anything I tried rebooting without success. The only thing I can think of that is different from the last time I ran it is I upgraded to 10.3.9.

Also, after aborting, I usually can't get Airport turned on without rebooting.