[kismac] Demarc Card

  • From: "Java Nut" <javanut20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:18:35 -0600

Hi Erik,

I would like to thank you for your reply to my first post about your Demarc
PRISM 2.5 card, and I have a few further questions. (Sorry if I am being
somewhat repetitive, but I realize I was not very clear in what I was asking
last time.)

I was actually trying to get my PRISM 2.5 based SMC2532W-B card to work
normally using the Sourceforge Wireless Driver before attempting to use it
in KisMac. I would like it working in both, for normal use and for scanning.

I am curious, did you use your Demarc with the sourceforge Wireless Driver?
If so, did you get WEP working?

When you used the Demarc with KisMac, did you try the WirelessMAC
application to set your MAC address?

Do you know a way I can verify the chipset in my card to confirm that the
manufacturer told me correctly what chipset they have in it?

As I tried to set up my card in the SourceForge wireless driver I got this
info:

/usr/sbin/ioreg -l | grep pccard
    | |       +-o pccardd601,5@0,0  <class IOPCCard16Device>
    | |             "IOName" = "pccardd601,5"

I tried adding this to the configuration file like this and it did not help
(the card does not appear in the output of ifconfig):

                <key>everything else</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
                        <string>org.noncontiguous.WirelessDriver</string>
                        <key>IOClass</key>
                        <string>org_noncontiguous_WirelessDriver</string>
                        <key>IONameMatch</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>pccard156,2</string>
                                <string>pccard1eb,807</string>
                                <string>pccard274,1613</string>
                                <string>pccard274,1612</string>
                                <string>pccard138,2</string>
                                <string>pccardd601,5</string>
                        </array>

I use OS X 10.2.6.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!