[kismac] Re: Decrypt Output

  • From: Alexis Ramel <musyne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:11:37 +0200

Le 6 oct. 05 à 14:57, Michael Peth a écrit :

Yea I just installed ethereal via fink, but I didn't see ettercap on fink. I've read ethereal can decrypt the pcap files with the key that kismac found. I'm working on that now. Does it display in text format also?

I'm not sure. If simple text format is what you want, I think ettercap is a better choice, indeed.
If you don't see ettercap via fink, it could be because ettercap is perhaps an unstable packages. To gain access to unstable packages, just modify your /sw/etc/fink.conf (http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/ usage-fink.php#unstable)

I run ettercap just fine. I installed it via fink.

Alexis.

Alexis Ramel wrote:

Or.. fink !
http://fink.sf.net/

The same as DarwinPorts, pick the one you want.

Alexis

Le 6 oct. 05 à 14:38, Ron Rosson a écrit :

You might want to try using darwinports
<http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/>. It tends to make installing unix utils
easier.
--
Ron Rosson
ron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Michael Peth <michaelpeth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:25:15 +0200
To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kismac] Re: Decrypt Output

I'm having all sort of trouble compiling Ettercap. I've installed the
prereq's it asks for fine. When I run ./configure it configures fine,
but then I get [Error 1: All Recursive]. I'd sooner just find a way to
read the decrypted kismac files than troubleshoot ettercap, I never have
much luck with comiling stuff in darwin. Let me know what you guys
think. Thanks

Erik Winkler wrote:

I recommend you take a look at the ettercap tool (http://
ettercap.sourceforge.net/). When analyzing wireless packet dumps you
can issue the command line:

ettercap -T -q --wep-key '128:s:\x11\x22\x33\x44\x55\x79\x69\x73 \x71
\x76\x66\x54\x6E' -r kismacdump -m resultsfile.txt

Ettercap will decrypt the packets and show any clear text usernames
and passwords in the decrypted data stream.

On Oct 6, 2005, at 7:00 AM, Michael Peth wrote:

Hey everyone,
I just got kismac up and running last week and have begun sniffing
etc. I am running ibook with airport extreme so I'm not able to
inject or deauthorize, but when I do find a network and sniff it for
a while and then successfully crack the key, I am not able to join
the network. I played around with it for a while and then Saw the
decrypt feature and I load up the dump file in it and then put in
the key it cracked and it says it successfully decrypted with no
packets lost. From there I don't know what to do with the output
file because I dont have anything to open it. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
-Mike