[kismac] Deauth and Packet Injection

  • From: nicolas <5ive.9ines@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:19:56 -0600

Has anyone here been able to get packet injection working? When I try and use my airport card (non extreme) and my dwl-122 it seems to hang. When I use just the DWL-122 the program will send the packets but no "interesting" packets ever come across the wire. Here's my question:

Since my airport card isn't being used at this point, is there a way I can use it to generate traffic on the closed network to generate weak IVs? I read on the list that you can use the de-authentication attack to generate ARP traffic. Is there a way to do this while Kismac is running?

Any help is appreciated