[kismac] Re: Darwin Update in 10.2.6

  • From: Galen <blueandwhiteg3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:16:08 -0700

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Apple updates Darwin for a reason. A lot of
people started having kernel panic issues with Darwin 6.5 (USB
related), many of which were supposed to have been solved with the
latest system update (and Darwin 6.6), and going back a version on the
kernel might not always be a good idea, even if it generally works.

Would you consider a checking mechanism for KisMAC to prevent
installing the wrong kernel (causing problems - I know multiple people
who've whacked out their OS X install by doing this)? And it wouldn't
hurt if you kept the kernel build up to date with the latest Darwin...
custom building my kernel isn't nearly as easy as clicking "exchange
kernel" in KisMAC.

Galen