[kismac] Re: Darwin Update in 10.2.6

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:44:45 +0200

hey,

> Last time I upgraded from 10.2.4 to 10.2.5 and tried the swap kernel
> function of KisMAC, I got bitten hard by a bug - they updated Darwin
> and KisMAC didn't know about it. I had to re-install OS X. Darwin went
> from 6.3 to 6.5. Now, with the release of 10.2.6, Darwin has been
> updated to 6.6. I'd rather not test this on my system, but does anybody
> know if KisMAC has been updated with the latest kernel? Also, have you
> ever thought about having KisMAC check the kernel version *before*
> swapping it to avoid installing an older or newer version and creating
> all kinds of issues?

i did not think about it, because usually this is working. the jump
from .5 to .6 causes no problems. the same with .3 and .4, but they
must have changed some critical in .5, which caused the problems. i
added a warning, but i do not want to tell the people what they shall
do.... because sometimes it makes sense to exchange a newer kernel

mick

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: PGP.sig