[kismac] Re: D-Link DWL-122 USB adapter

  • From: Chris Osborn <fozztexx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:48:22 -0800

On Feb 11, 2004, at 3:39 PM, Chris Osborn wrote:

My plan is to rip it apart and attach a cantenna to give to my girlfriend. I haven't yet figured out if I'm going to be able to remove the plastic case without damaging it. It's a keychain fob sized unit, and I can't find any screws holding it together. It might be glued.

Not glued. I was able to snap it apart. I took some pictures of it:

http://fozztexx.com/~fozztexx/DWL-122/IMG_0712.jpg
http://fozztexx.com/~fozztexx/DWL-122/IMG_0714.jpg
http://fozztexx.com/~fozztexx/DWL-122/IMG_0717.jpg
http://fozztexx.com/~fozztexx/DWL-122/IMG_0718.jpg

I'm guessing the PCB mounted perpendicular to the main board is the antenna. It appears to be double sided yet both sides are soldered into the same 2 holes. I wonder if I'd have any luck just mounting the whole thing inside a can with the antenna part perpendicular to the can?