[kismac] Re: D-Link DWL-122

  • From: Chris Osborn <fozztexx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 18:57:21 -0700

On May 1, 2004, at 6:01 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

Interestingly, a few lines down from the top of this page, there is mention that D-Link apparently makes a USB 802.11b adapter that has MacOS X drivers.

They do, however the drivers are crap. I bought it to give to my girlfriend, and it has caused nothing but kernel panics on her computer (leading to lots of rants that her computer is broken and she wants a new computer). It works fine with KisMac without the D-Link drivers, but if you want to use it to get on the internet I can't recommend it.

You might want to see

http://www.petitiononline.com/dwl122/petition.html