[kismac] Re: Connecting to detected networks

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:50:10 +0200

At 7:35 PM +0100 2004-07-28, Dan wrote:

 I'd like to use an orinoco or prism2 based card which is supported by KisMac
 but not by Macos X.

The IOXperts drivers will work very well with these cards. The SourceForge WirelessDriver will also work pretty well.

                      Kismac detects the card and works correctly but there
 are no drivers for Macos X so I can't connect via a system preference. Is it
 possible to connect to a detected network via KisMac ?

No, I'm pretty sure that KisMac cannot function as your wireless network driver.

                                                        I understand there is
 a join network option but my Kismac 0.12a is acting strangely since I've
 installed it and I can't test the cards for the moment.

Try the SourceForge or IOXperts drivers.

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755