[kismac] Re: Compiling-problems on new Intel-iMac

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:21:39 -0700

Please try the patch attached to ticket 15 in trac. It is probably really broken, but it does compile a universal binary fine for me. Feedback would be appreciated as I don't have an Intel mac to test on.

Geoff
On Feb 11, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote
Unfortunately, there are some other problems besides the cpu flag. While the cpu flag can be set differently for different architectures, there is some altivec specific code that somehow needs to be addressed. Also, the atheros driver uses a binary only hardware abstraction layer. This issue will also have to be addressed. I am opening a ticket in trac for intel compilation, however i expect it to take a fair amount of effort to get this to work.

Geoff
On Feb 11, 2006, at 5:48 AM, Mike Williams wrote:

Ahh - I tried to set it to x86 or something - without this option it works...
_but_ nor I get this problem.

I'm using a default installation of MacOS and developer-tools.
I was able to build release 65 without problem - after 65 no build was compiled without problems.