[kismac] Re: Compiling-problems on new Intel-iMac

  • From: Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:38:51 -0700

On Feb 15, 2006, at 5:35 PM, Mike Williams wrote:

Hi,

the app starts without problems.
AE active mode works well.

Good to know, another user was having problems with the same net showing up multiple times, but with a different driver. Do you see this?
AE passive mode does not work "Could not enable monitor mode - Drivers were not found"

This sounds like the same problem the ppc people have, try booting in safe mode by holding down the shift key, then start kismac.

Geoff
Mike

Am 15.02.2006 um 22:22 schrieb Geoffrey Kruse:

For those with an Intel Mac:

http://willamette.edu/~gkruse/KisMAC/KisMACUniversal.dmg

This version is completely untested on an intel machine since I don't have one. Use at your own risk. Please let me know what works / doesn't. This information will help me continue with the port.

Geoff

I have OSX86 10.4.3 running on a P4 Prescott and a DWL-122 USB Prism2
dongle if its any help.

Will get an iMac Core Duo in the near future.

On 2/15/06, Geoffrey Kruse <gkruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please try the patch attached to ticket 15 in trac. It is probably
really broken, but it does compile a universal binary fine for me.
Feedback would be appreciated as I don't have an Intel mac to test on.

Geoff
On Feb 11, 2006, at 11:12 AM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote
Unfortunately, there are some other problems besides the cpu flag.
While the cpu flag can be set differently for different
architectures, there is some altivec specific code that somehow
needs to be addressed. Also, the atheros driver uses a binary only
hardware abstraction layer. This issue will also have to be
addressed. I am opening a ticket in trac for intel compilation,
however i expect it to take a fair amount of effort to get this to
work.

Geoff
On Feb 11, 2006, at 5:48 AM, Mike Williams wrote:

Ahh - I tried to set it to x86 or something - without this option
it works...
_but_ nor I get this problem.

I'm using a default installation of MacOS and developer-tools.
I was able to build release 65 without problem - after 65 no build
was compiled without problems.