[kismac] Re: Compile

  • From: Chris Osborn <fozztexx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:12:41 -0700

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 07:57 AM, Richard Smith wrote:

> Thanks, Chris, for that pointer. The USB-only Delorme Tripmate isn't
> going to be easy to bridge over, since they have chosen a chipset for
> which there are no mac/linux drivers to simulate a serial device.

According to DeLorme's site, the USB only Earthmate has a kit that will
let you convert it into serial. That may be your only option for
getting it to work with the Mac. They also claim they're going to be
adding Bluetooth support for it, but I doubt that will help Mac
connectivity too.

http://www.delorme.com/earthmate/