[kismac] Cisco Aironet and GPS woes

  • From: Jeff Schwartz <webdog@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:24:44 -0800

When I scan using my Cisco Aironet 350 card and the Airojack driver,
only 10%-30% of the access points record valid GPS coordinates in the
KisMAC log (the rest have 0's for lat and long).

Here's the strange part: if I use a Senao (Prism 2.5) card, GPS coords
are just fine. If I use Airport Extreme, all the GPS coords get
recorded just perfectly.

I'm using a Deluo USB GPS on a 15" Powerbook Al 1.25 running Mac OS
10.2.8. The Aironet card is the one with the external MMCX connectors.
Anyone else experiencing this problem or have a fix? Throwing away 75%
of my data points isn't really such a good solution... ;-)

Thanks in advance,
jeff