[kismac] Re: Cisco Aironet 350 Packet Injection

  • From: Robin L Darroch <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 04:31:02 +0800

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you're subscribed to the mailing list or not - there's been a discussion on this very topic for the past day or two. Essentially, the answer is "you need something with Prism2 to reinject".

For much more information about active attacks, have a look at

http://kismac.de/_trac/wiki/FAQ#activeattacks

And this page is your best reference for what adapters you can get that have Prism2 chipsets:

http://kismac.de/_trac/wiki/SomeHardware

Cheers,
Robin

Hi,

I've got a Powerbook G4, and I'm using an Cisco Aironet 350 for capturing packets, however in the driver preferences, I have no ability to enable packet re/injecting. I'm using the 4.25.30 firmware, and latest drivers for OS X (3.0.1 if I'm not mistaken) Is this normal or can it actually been done? I'm trying to get my AP's key(s) (WEP), and waiting for enough IV's will take days at the rate I'm getting data..

Any tips?

Thanks.

 Robin L. Darroch - PO Box 2715, South Hedland WA 6722 - +61 421 503 966
      robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxx - robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx