[kismac] Change MAC of Prism2 USB devices

  • From: Georg Bosch <kram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:05:54 +0100

Hello all,

After having no luck with the instructions in the faq, I was able to sucessfully change the MAC address of my USB stick on win2000. I cant register at .kismac (?), so I just post here, maybe someone can copy/paste?

Get a newer WinUpdate version (0-7-0) here: http://www.demarctech.com/techsupport/rw-wireless-cards-support/ firmware-upgrade-how-to.htm read the mini howto here: http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/ . They have links to firmware too, but you don't need to update, winupdate lets you write the MAC adress to the card directly. (Still at your own risk, but worked for the D-Link DWL-122)

And a little question: I'm running R62 on 10.3.9, will there be future binary releases for panther?

Oh, and great app;)
cheers, g.