[kismac] Bluetooth GPS and gpsd

  • From: Ludwig Kamphenkel <kilgor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:46:19 +0200

Hello all,

ever since kismac 0.2 gpsd stopped cooperating. I always got the information that the connection to gpsd was made but there was no data. This worked well with prior versions of kismac and I can see gpsd establishing a connection to my bluetooth gps mouse. I figured that it might be because I was still using gpsd 1.1 so I got myself 2.18 an now kismac tells me that the connection to gpsd is terminated. even so gpsd is talking to my gps mouse and the process is running.
Anybody has a pointer as to solve the problem?

Also: has anybody a good idea as to how revive a bluetooth connection after sleep? Presently I have to save and quit kismac before putting my ibook to sleep. If I only put it to sleep with kismac running and strting again the connection to my gps mouse is lost and will not restart. Also reset gps subsystem does not work.

Regards
Ludwig