[kismac] Re: Best version for a WallStreet running Panther

  • From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:27:22 -0500

The website is not entirely clear (to my eyes)... in one place, it refers to R62 as the last for 10.3.x with R72(?) as the one for 10.4, but the R62-R65 updates appear to occur over little more than a 24hour period with R65 supposedly fixing a problem on some G3's.

All I know is that I can't get R65 to run on my box.

John

John Warren wrote:
I not entirely certain, but I believe R65 was the last version of
kismac that supports 10.3.X.  Any later revision requires 10.4 or
later.

john

On 3/29/06, John Ruschmeyer <jruschme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry if this is a FAQ, but what is the best version of KisMAC to run on
a PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) under 10.3.9 with a WaveLAN Classic Gold
card and the WirelessDriver from SourceForge?

I'm currently running 0.12 with no problems (okay, one... I can't seem
to use the wireless card after running KisMAC until I reboot... yes I
did install the patch). OTOH, R65 just gives me a crash report.

Thanks...
John