[kismac] Re: Atheros 5424 status

  • From: "Luke Turner" <luketurner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:00:45 -0800

I'm almost positive the linux driver guys are working on it, but slowly...

Considering how much of a demand there is currently (you'd be surprised),
it's only a matter of time...

Curious to see if the "n" features will be addressed as well.

On 1/15/07, Michael Miller <1337mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this is correct. The chipset featured in the Core 2 Duo Macbook
Pros is the Atheros AR5008. Unfortunately no OSS driver exists for it,
and this is where the problem lies. Basically, the only way to get
passive wireless fully working with injection is to write a driver
from scratch. I don't know if anyone has undertaken this project as of
now, but it would be really cool if someone has.

Mike