[kismac] Re: Atheros 5424 status

  • From: "David Kitts" <davidks107@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:04:31 -0600

Is this just a problem with macbooks, or all intel based airport extreme's? I can't seem to get the one on my iMac purchased just last month to work, even after trying all steps in the wki.

-David

From: Daniel <dbr42@xxxxxxx>
To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kismac] Re: Atheros 5424 status
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:37:05 +0100

Le 10 janv. 07 à 21:43, Daniel a écrit :

Hi all,

What is the status of Atheros 5424 (Airport Extreme on intel based macbook) ? As someone else already pointed (point #188), when used in passive mode, no data is captured. My understanding after reading wiki, is that Apple 5424 driver lacks the "APMmonitor" parameter (or equivalent).

I actually understand this is exactly ticket #191(New MacBook capturing Packets but no Data), where it is said "Known issue. Not caused by anything we can help with a few lines of code, but we're working on it."

anyway to help ?