[kismac] Re: Ashton Digital WRUB-2011i (USB) Injection?

  • From: Jake Trimble <monkeys.steal.my.boxers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:36:29 -0600

Yeah. I have one, and have had it work. If it's really stuck, let it soak up some iv's, and then try injection. Not to sound too know- it-allish (sorry if you already know this...), but when it says waiting for interesting packets, it means that it hasn't collected any packets that it can successfully re-inject. When it is testing them, it is seeing if they will work for re-injection. Once that little window goes away, then the iv's should start jumping up 10 at a time or so, depending on how close the signal is. Sorry if you already knew that, or if it's incorrect, but thats my understanding. Also, what exactly do you mean by "flashing one?" Thanks

-jake

On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Dom wrote:

Fair enough, it was only an idea. Thanks anyway!

Anyone else got any ideas? Can anyone confirm it works?

Dom

On 09/04/07, Jesse Stanford < safetechs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe I did flash one on a windows pc at one point, and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. On the other hand, the network I tried it with I believe was a 11g network and I didn't give it much time to sit around.
Jesse

On Apr 9, 2007, at 4:56 AM, Dom wrote:

Hey Jesse,

As you have two, could you try flashing one to the latest firmware? I'd be happy to do it for you if you're not too sure., my hope is it will make the thing work better! :(

Dom

On 09/04/07, Jesse Stanford < safetechs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have two of these lying around that I'd be happy to ship off free to Kismac developers (or anyone) if they could use them)
Jesse

On Apr 8, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Dom wrote:

Hey KisMac list,

I'm new to the whole mailing list thing, but I'm hoping you guys can provide a helpful introduction!

I have recently purchased a Ashton Digital WRUB-2011i (Model WM168b) USB dongle and it works fine as a passive scanner, listing lots of WIFI networks, their clients, and so on. However, when I try to perform an authentication flood, or a de- authentication attack, nothing seems to happen. When I try to re- inject packets, the loading bar comes up and says "Waiting for interesting packets", and then eventually changes to "Testing injection packets" (or something similar) but never actually seems to have any affect on the IV count.

I've set it as the primary injection device, and also selected the correct channel for injection. Any ideas? I'd love to get this setup working!

Dom

--
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes" -- Douglas Adams

Jesse Stanford
http://safetacks.com