[kismac] Airport card in 0.2a

  • From: Robert Peirce <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:03:52 -0400

KisMAC is having problems loading this in passive mode and I don't know why. I am connected to a wireless network. KisMAC shuts that down, asks me for a password and then tries to load it in passive mode. Eventually this fails. After that, I get a "No Airport card installed" message from the little icon in the tray. Sometimes, after quitting KisMAC, the card becomes available again; sometimes it doesn't.

When I first installed 0.2a for Panther, it seemed to work okay. In fact I could use either Airport or my supplemental wireless card. Now, the Airport card fails to work at all and the supplemental card seems to start scanning but clicking on "Stop Scan" seems to lock up the program.